Home

Click item to view
and then purchase:


Falmouth Bracelets
- see/buy

Media

Contact - email
or call 508-737-8664


Barnstable Bracelets

Nantucket Bracelets

Martha's Vineyard
Bracelets

Falmouth Enterprise article

The Falmouth Bracelet
represents parts of history unique to each of the eight villages of Falmouth.
Each bracelet comes with a special scroll describing the history below.....

Falmouth Village- the Fluke or Whale Tail represents the golden age of whaling in Falmouth harbor from 1830-1870. The industrial revolution was built on the whale oil industry. The sperm whale contained minute quantities of ambergris, which sold for $300 per pound in the 1800’s. It was used to make fine perfumes.

East Falmouth- Strawberries were the leading industry in E. Falmouth. Portuguese immigrants John and Manuel Emerald were one of the leading strawberry growers in the late 1800’s. According to the U.S. Dept. of Agriculture more strawberries were grown per acre in E. Falmouth than anywhere else in the nation.
Tony Andrews known as the “Strawberry King” began operating his strawberry farm in 1926.

West Falmouth- the Windmill was one of the prized possessions of West Falmouth. Built by Jesse Gifford in 1787, ground 50 – 75 bushels of corn in a day. The mill’s principal owner was Joseph Bowerman. In 1922 the Swift family sold the mill to Dutchland Farms Ice Cream Co. of Brockton.

Waquoit- Oysters were planted in 1877. There were grants to grow, plant, and dig shellfish in a section of Childs River known as Sea Pit. The trade name for these oysters was Sea Pete.

North Falmouth- Clipper Ship Ship Building was an essential part of North Falmouth. By the 1850’s over 100 sailing vessels were built, the old North Falmouth being the largest.

Hatchville- Cranberries were harvested on Coonamessett Bog. Roberts Hatch’s cranberry bog was added
to the Coonamessett Ranch in 1919.

Teaticket (Tataket) – the Sulky Wheel, which represents the trotting, park that operated from 1896-1902.
The oval track was 200 yards in length. There were horse races, along with bicycle races. Bicycle racing ran a close second to trotting. Wheeling was a sport consisting of half-mile exhibition races, handicaps, and ten mile grinds. Local champions came from Bourne, Wareham, Middleboro and Brockton. The trotting park location off Gifford Street is now used as soccer fields.

Woods Hole – the Nobska Lighthouse a famous landmark on the National Register of Historic Places.
The first Nobsque Lighthouse was built in 1829, when more than 10,000 vessels passed.

The Book of Falmouth
Falmouth Chamber of Commerce
The Falmouth Public Library

- Karen Francis